Wednesday, September 30, 2009

loss

alone and wide awake in this….dense growth of frozen opportunity…failed continuity…/I wonder when the end of this stillness will begin…/when that fiend that haunts and steals from my dreams will…/let me be…/allow me to see the promise that I know has been captured and sealed in that ….finely blown cinnamon colored jar…/writhing in....this tangible agony…/flecks of saliva seethe from between my teeth…/like crazed soulless wanderer…/I have become…stammerer…unable to speak my own victory into a solution for my doom…/soon I begin to wonder at the vastness of this God that carved his last name into depths of my swollen brain and…/through the pain of this… fresh contusion…I remember…healing springs of solace…/I find in my solitude what suddenly seemed like lost purpose…mere minutes before…/and I wonder if I can ever truly hold my godfather to ransom…/when did faith become quid pro quo…/when did I ever really know…what He had in his card stack for me…/since when did I wait for fate to show His hand before I believed and took a stand…

….when did I begin to lose my Faith.

No comments: