it was a small thing…
no direct words…no obvious look…
it was... the small things…flicker of his right eye-lid…
minuscule flaring of his nostrils…
quickened pulse in left temple…and I knew
it was time to make for the door…
leaving behind ...foul fragrance of my falsehood…
I watched my soul-man disintegrate before my eyes…
...he knew…
How?…I don’t know…
was it fresh smell of fresh foreign saliva…lingering on my…
freshly kissed lower lip…
Was it…
new crease on my…delicately woven scarf…Hermes bond of truth…
come ever so slightly undone…
Or was it…residue of flesh under my...tapered fingernails…
remnants of rawness shut-off behind closed door of…
...the linen closet he had watched me steal through…
mere minutes before…
It was the small things….
Heightened sensation on finger pulse-points from all sides…sought to point me out…
Find me out…
Flushed out by deep flush on my cheeks…
I welcomed the cold night….beneath my skirt…
Still warm from passion incomplete…
Frozen dis-satisfaction…
I sat frozen on leather seat of desire misfired…
Final engine rev of resolve carried me away into night colored with ink smoke…
And I resolved to put an end to it…tomorrow.
no direct words…no obvious look…
it was... the small things…flicker of his right eye-lid…
minuscule flaring of his nostrils…
quickened pulse in left temple…and I knew
it was time to make for the door…
leaving behind ...foul fragrance of my falsehood…
I watched my soul-man disintegrate before my eyes…
...he knew…
How?…I don’t know…
was it fresh smell of fresh foreign saliva…lingering on my…
freshly kissed lower lip…
Was it…
new crease on my…delicately woven scarf…Hermes bond of truth…
come ever so slightly undone…
Or was it…residue of flesh under my...tapered fingernails…
remnants of rawness shut-off behind closed door of…
...the linen closet he had watched me steal through…
mere minutes before…
It was the small things….
Heightened sensation on finger pulse-points from all sides…sought to point me out…
Find me out…
Flushed out by deep flush on my cheeks…
I welcomed the cold night….beneath my skirt…
Still warm from passion incomplete…
Frozen dis-satisfaction…
I sat frozen on leather seat of desire misfired…
Final engine rev of resolve carried me away into night colored with ink smoke…
And I resolved to put an end to it…tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment