I.
Switch in time/shift of tide/rock resting on sandy ocean floor/begins to move in time to a new sound…/water churns back…/fast!.../to unveil land forgotten…/bones besotted…/with the passion of long time past…/they clamor against each other for freedom from bonds cast in iron and rock…/eyes downcast then in death…/now lids fringed with kinky lash /…pulled up by praise reverberating for the warrior bringing new victory home…/land now free from shadow of a dome/ with…slick molten floors…/red slashed walls…/lash thronged backs…/crash!!/prison doors clang to stone floors…/feet dash/black and blue hands clap…/in synch with smooth thunder after swollen storm…/ancestors’ heartbeats bid them hence…/shout with one soul…/arise brothers…change has come…change has come…change….has….come!
II.
I sit naked and watch dark eyes…/chase away dark cloud…/on that dawn after the darkness/strength behind his brown stretched flesh/banishing visions of blade against throat/gunmoke scorching eyes…/fire scorching flesh…/of young dark man dangling on dank willow tree/I sit naked…./…flesh bumpy from the burn of strange imagination…/brought forth to all like me despite machinations…/by god killers to destroy the spirit of a land../hungry for a hero…/I sit naked…/soul yearning for the feel of a man unafraid to be brother…/expected to be father…/forever son…/I sit naked…/reliving my birth../at this birthing of a new time…/I give myself a new name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment