Today it was a dozen red roses
….bleeding all over my carpet/I watch the red rose scent ooze with the spirit of your letter/"…I fucked up…please forgive me…I miss u badly…"/well I miss…. /easy love/blessed with the knowing surety of /clambering over the high barbed gates of ever new challenge/seeing me as we/how do I resurrect that crazy wantingyouness of mere months ago and make it into/beingwithyou now/ my mind is shocked into admiration at my own glorious victory/I said fly away stranger/and u flew around right back to me/don’t u see/we are lost/u and me/locked away in the restingplace of regret reserved for lost lovers’ minds/too far gone to remember the way back home/to the center portrait on that mantle only by Abayomi’s hand/that wld have proudly proclaimed a happy ending/to our seven year interlude/back to earth/I see the roses /as they are/possible beauty…until they bleed away/as they are doing just now/all over my carpet/which strangely still bears ure footprint/from November’s chill rosy dusk/that last time u were here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment